Windows 10 is the new powerful operating system that was presented last year. Here are the Top 10 Windows Tips we can recommend that will speed up your computer and help you enjoy it more.
1.You Can Create Virtual Desktops
For better organization of your everyday use of Windows 10, with the latest version you can now create multiple desktops. Just press the Windows Key + Tab and you’ll have possibility to add and change desktops.
2. You Can Teach Cortana to Help You in the Best Possible Way
Cortana is what Siri is to Apple. But, it can be better if you use it smartly. All you need to do is click on the Cortana box and go to “Settings”. When you are there make sure that the “Respond Best To Me” option is turned on.
3. Play your favorite Xbox Games on Windows 10 computer
Just download the Xbox app, make sure that both devices are turned on and connected on the same WiFi and click on the Xbox One symbol that you should see on your computer.
4. Schedule the updates
In order to don’t get locked into installing updates for hours, go to settings > updates and recovery and selected “Notify to schedule restart”.
5. Make the updates faster
On the other hand if you don’t want to wait too much to install updates, go to advanced options again and then select updates from more than one place. This ensures P2P updates that are much more efficient.
6. Stop the updates from draining your bandwidth
Updates can be frustrating so we are focusing on another tip on how to control them. In order to stop them from using your bandwidth you need to do some complicated steps. We’ll try to simplify them. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Advanced Options > Choose how updates are delivered. Between the “PCs on my local network” and “PCs on my local network and PCs on the Internet” chose the former option.
7. Set up reminders smoothly with Cortana
Just type or say “Remind Me” and Cortana can remind you about anything. It’s a pretty simple and useful feature to use.
8. Customize the “Start”
With a simple click on right side of the mouse, you can do so much with the start menu. You can resize it, unpin tiles that bug you or pin the ones you need etc.
9. Use these great shortcuts
Of course if you want to improve your productivity and access some apps faster you’ll need shortcuts. Here the best ones:
• Windows Key-Tab (Task View)
• Windows Key-Right-Up (Moves app to top right quadrant)
• Windows Key-Ctrl-Left or Right (virtual desktop)
• Windows Key-Ctrl-D (new virtual desktop)
• Windows Key-Ctrl-C (Cortana listening)
• Windows Key-S (Daily Glance for weather, news, sports)
• Windows Key-Ctrl-F4 (closes virtual desktop)
• Windows Key-Up and Down (snap apps to top or bottom of screen or maximizes)
10. Microsoft Maps are Improved and Work Offline
If you need maps from different countries, you can use the Maps on your Windows 10 computer in offline. Just go to Settings > Download or Update Maps. Then select the ones you need and you’ll have them offline.
Need some help? We’re more than happy to recommend software or provide advice on any applications you’re thinking of buying or signing up to. See our service Software Support.